Riding on the tractor
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Miller Farms
We went to Miller Farms today with our Imagination Station (a big local play group) friends. Since there has already been a freeze this season, the selection was not what it would have been a few weeks ago, but we still filled four bags with veggies and had three hours of fun!
Riding on the tractor
Carrying her baby potato
Kohlrabi (or so I am told)
Celery
Popcorn on the cob


Pumpkins and squash

Goats- the only animals we saw- she was fascinated
We got pretty muddy, but it was so worth it!
I tried taking the kernels off and popping them in a regular popper. No luck. I tried putting a cob in the microwave. It actually worked, but the cob ended up burning, so we had one tiny bowl of popcorn and I gave up.
Kathryn helped me wash all the carrots. We now have two bags full in the freezer. We also had homemade mashed potatoes this week. Where have those been all my life? SO GOOD.

Riding on the tractor
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love all the new pictures! Man, she is growing up so fast. And I love your new title. I "got" it pretty fast! Miss you!
Katherine is such a diva- I love it.
New blog header huh?:) It was fun to see Rob at church. We miss you guys. Good luck in the next few weeks.
Post a Comment