Thursday, September 2, 2010

60th Wedding Anniversary


Today Bill and Mary Calm celebrate 60 years of marriage.

They have set a beautiful example of life and love, and we their family are so grateful for them. We had a get together at their home, and there was much laughter and music. Auntie Jannie even arranged a video tribute with messages from loved ones far away. The kids were really good considering they were up hours past bedtime. My heart is overwhelmed by the goodness in who my grandparents are, and the life they have created. One of my earliest memories is of Nonny putting curlers in my hair while also giving herself a permanent. I told her I needed the solution in my hair, because I wanted to be a Grandma too someday. That hasn't changed, but I would like to add that I also hope I can be so lucky as to celebrate my 60th wedding anniversary too, or at least to have a life filled with so much love, family and joy.
                              

No comments: