I can't believe we have been a family of four for a week now. We are settling in, and doing fine. So far, our little Niamh is easy-going, and just a sweetheart. She loves to be snuggled and talked or sung too, and as Unkie Johnny discovered, often has a mischievous grin while dreaming. I am triple-feeding because she is a sleepy eater. This means at every feeding, she nurses for 20 minutes, then Rob gives her a bottle of breast milk while I pump for 20 or 30 more minutes. We do this every 2-3 hours. She sleeps great, so the feeding regiment alone is to blame for any tiredness we feel. She had borderline jaundice, but it has since cleared up without treatment, which is a huge relief. It's impossible to give Kathryn the undivided attention she craves, but overall everything is great, and I am surprised by how much easier things are this time around. We are more confident and in general more relaxed, and are just enjoying our babies. The thing that is difficult is conveying to Kathryn that we love her just as much as ever, while our energies and ability to focus just on her are depleted. She does love her little sister though, and is a very good helper. She has also asked me when the baby will be going back into my tummy. Sigh.
Here are some pics. and videos from the last week (sorry the pictures are small this time- I didn't catch it until it was too late):
No comments:
Post a Comment