Saturday, November 14, 2009

Little Reader

With everything that has been going on over the past month, I've neglected to post about Kathryn's latest endeavor- reading! She has loved letter games and being perpetually read to since she was a baby, and recently, she figured out how to put letter sounds together to read and spell words. We try not to push, but she seems into it. I am so excited for her and the world that has been opened up!








3 comments:

Angie said...

Oh my goodness! This is so awesome. How old is Katherine again? Has she read the stories on starfall.com? There are even print-outs to go with the story if you are interested.
Congrats on the new baby! I can't wait to see her sometime.

Rob and Christine said...

Thank you! She's 2 1/2. Rob and I were early readers, so we figured she might be, and it's fun watching her put it all together. We have to be careful though- no more spelling things we don't want her to know about- we've been busted! "Rob, should we go to the p-a-r-k?" "Yes, I want to go to the park!!!" Yikes.

I will check out starfall- thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, Max is Prince Eric's dog. I've never seen TLM, but Kathryn was right. Can you spell "G O O D J O B, K A T E"!
- Abuela Mater