Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The last week or so

We are doing great!

Niamh got back up to her birth weight at two weeks old, and has been gaining steadily since, weighing 8 pounds now. I still have to pump and give her milk in bottles and probably will for another month or so until we figure things out, but I'm holding up just fine so far. She sleeps great as long as I make sure she's awake for an hour before I go to bed. So far, she is mellow, happy, snuggly, and expressive. She is way too understanding about my multitasking (holding her as I type right now, for instance). Basically if she's full, warm, clean and being held, she's good. I could just hold her and stare at her for hours- she is so precious. Where have these wonderful girls been all my life? Having a toddler though, I have to steal moments to really stop everything and just breathe my little baby in. It is a blessing when she keeps me up from 11-1 or so, because it is just us getting to know each other in the quiet, without any distractions.

We love her so much.

Having a snuggly visit with Grandma and Bops
In Kathryn news, she has loved being told stories for as long as I can remember, but recently it's become an obsession. At home, in the car, at the store, on a walk, in the bathroom, going to sleep, it's always "tell me a story". Songs and books won't cut it when she wants to hear a story. I've even tried reciting nursery rhymes and song lyrics, but she caught on and got mad. I don't consider myself to be a good storyteller, so I really have to stretch myself, but I do try. Rob is a lot better, so she hits him up even more than me. She is also still clinging to Halloween. This pumpkin has seen better days, but she just cannot let it go. The stem has broken off and been glued back on several times. Still, she always asks for the "teeny pumpkin that has been broken". She cannot get enough of spooky stories in the dark. Hurry, Christmas!
Making her wish list (almost every toy on every page is circled- oy.)
The girls in their sister shirts
Happy birthday, Grandma Myers!

Auntie Amber getting practice for things to come in May...
Jade practicing as well
Whistle while you work
Kathryn has been asking to sew lately. I clipped the pointy end off of a needle and she threaded sequins. She loved it.
My little snoozer (she's in the sling)


Yep, things are good. I even took the girls to Target by myself this week. I can do this.

I can do this.

No comments: