Thursday, September 27, 2007

My Little Girl Is Getting Big!

Hi Little Girl,

That's what I've been calling you for a while now, but soon it won't quite fit anymore. You're getting so big, and I can't believe that it's been six months since I wrote a post for you on your blog (Mommy is much more prolific). You're sitting up all by yourself, and you are rolling around now, almost but not quite crawling. You are up over sixteen pounds! The last six months have been a blur for me. I keep saying what your Grandma (my mommy) used to say to me: "We're gonna have to put a brick on your head!"

You're also pretty assertive these days, and sometimes it's hard to figure out exactly what you want. You and I spent the afternoon together today while Mommy went on an errand for work. I had a wonderful time with you. I think you mostly had a great time with me too, although I think there were some moments when you missed Mommy.

I love getting to know your unique personality, and I love you more and more every day. I just know that as you continue to grow up you are going to make me so proud. In fact, you already do. I look forward to watching you grow up, but I will probably also look back on these times and wish that they had lasted a little longer.

Always remember that I love you bigger than the mountains, little girl. Thank you for changing my life.

Love, Dad