Thursday, March 29, 2007
Post mommy blog- check!
Wow, what a week this has been. It has been such a change having our lives revolve completely around the needs of our little girl! Kathryn seems to have a mild temperment so far (thanks, daddy- I don't think we can credit mommy for that!), politely squeaking requests more than crying, but this makes it easy for her to fall asleep during feedings and difficult for me to make sure she eats enough each time. I'm getting her weighed every day though, and she is gaining nicely. She is tiny right now- the only clothes that fit her are premie size! I know she will grow soon enough though, and I am really just trying to savor little moments with her where I can. I love it when she looks in my eyes- I wonder if she knows I will be here for her and love her forever... Rob and I could both just hold her and stare at her for hours. As for the undeniable cuteness factor she has going on- not that I'm partial- she has at different times reminded me of a Campbell's soup kid and a glow worm toy (when she's bundled in a baby burrito), but she definitely has a beauty all her own. Also, I don't care if they're from gas, her smiles make me melt into mommy mushiness! We are swirling in a whirlwind of feeding, pumping, changing diapers, changing clothes, and trying to eat, visit the restroom and even sleep every now and then, but I truly feel happier and more complete than ever. It has also been incredible seeing Rob transform into a wonderfully sensitive father who is really in tune with his kid. I blush sharing this, but I am more in love with him than ever. His fierce dedication to our family just fills my heart to overflowing. We are a united team- we have to be! As for things that have surprised me so far, parenting has forced me to prioritize down to the *absolute basics*. I have pretty much let the house go, and showers are now an every-other-day affair if I'm lucky. The poor cats get an ear scratch just a few times a day. I haven't checked many items off of my to-do list (I'm so glad to have finally posted a blog!), but I just keep reminding myself that the only thing I really need to do right now is take care of my daughter and enjoy these times (well, that and wash the changing pad cover yet again, since exposure to air appears to have a laxative affect on Kathryn's little bottom.).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment