Saturday, October 9, 2010

The bug

As I try to give the kids opportunities to make art, I find myself bitten by the bug as well.

Out of nowhere, I have decided to learn how to sew. Here is my first real project, a pair of pants for Kathryn made with lots of help from my Mom.
I have been given fabric and supplies from Ann and Nonny, and I really think this delight will stick. I don't get to sew as often as I'd like to, but I seem to be retaining everything I've learned. I have made some little cloth toys in the meantime, but I hope to make more clothes soon.

Here are a couple of sources of great inspiration on the creativity front:
Soule Mama
The Artful Parent
They do insanely cool stuff, I steal tons of ideas from them and basically have myself a couple of huge Mommy crushes!

No comments: