Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Niamh is 6 months old!

Our little Neevie-Liz is about ready to take off. She rolls from back to tummy and tummy to back, all around the room. She scoots and tries to crawl, but she just can't seem to get her tummy off the floor, so her attempts look a lot like swimming! She sits for a few moments, but would really rather not. She's more interested in moving. She can spin herself in a circle on her tummy to reach toys, and if I put her on a hardwood floor, she pushes herself backward several feet until she gets stuck in a corner. I am not quite ready for her to be fully mobile, but ready or not, it can't be far away. She wakes us up with wonderful babbling, but doesn't say much the rest of the day unless it's quiet (which is not very often!). She does laugh a lot though, and she makes us laugh too. I take for granted sometimes that she is so mellow. Really, on most days she doesn't cry even once. Kathryn was the same way. At her checkup we learned that Niamh is 26 1/2 inches tall, and weighs 14 pounds, 11 ounces (I had her weighed at the breastfeeding clinic a few days later and she was up to 15 pounds though) and is in the 78th percentile for height, and 25th for weight. Doc says her growth is fine overall. She is waking up to the world around her, and it's a lot of fun to see.




No comments: