Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My early bird

Niamh's personality emerges more and more every day. She is so relaxed and happy, and she loves laughing with her sister more than anything. She is patient, but once she is mad, she goes from zero to sixty. She is usually quiet, unless I am trying to watch Lost, or it is morning and I am clinging to sleep. Then, she has a lot to say.

I was in denial about it for a while, but another one of her traits is how early she wakes. The time varies slightly each day, but for a while it started with a five, then a six. Now, she will sleep until 7:00 or 7:30. I know I will not get sympathy from most, but you need to know 1. I am NOT a morning person (nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be in the mafia- sorry, inside joke!) 2.Kathryn used to sleep in until nine or ten when she was a baby. 3. Kathryn does not take naps, so once I'm up with Niamh in the morning, I go almost non-stop with the kids until they are in bed at night.

She is so smiley when she wakes up though, and that helps a lot. I do look forward to the day when she can brew some coffee for Mommy and bring it in to me though!



p.s. The next morning she was up at 6:00 am.

No comments: