How in the world have two weeks gone by? Our family is doing great, although we're all pretty sleepy. I do nap when the baby does a couple times a day, but it's much easier said than done. Kathryn is back up to her birth weight now, and is doing much better with nursing. We still have to supplement most feedings with a little bottled breast milk, but the lactation consultants are gradually having us do this less frequently. Feeding will be so much easier when the whole process takes less than an hour (in other words when I don't need to pump or give a bottle anymore)- not to mention that she eats every 2-3 hours! I joked with Rob about it always being "time to feed the baby" in my best "time to make the donuts" guy voice... he one-upped me saying "time to feed the baby... donuts..." as if maybe we were so tired and out of it, that would seem like a good idea. We're tired, but I promise I will seek help before trying to feed baby K8 a Krispie Kream!

Last night she had a great feeding, then proceeded to "burp" everything up. Everything. We had to start over, and it was one of the more difficult nights we've had because it threw us both off. Even so, Rob and I are so lucky to have such a sweet girl who really only gets upset when she needs something- at least for now. I am fully aware that this is probably the easiest caring for her will ever be. I do love that she needs us so much, and seems to trust us completely to meet her needs. Well, we're doing the best we can!
No comments:
Post a Comment