Little K8 is doing GR8! Her check-up went well; the doctor said she has more "spark" than most one-month olds. Well, yeah! Hurricane Kathryn might only register as a 1 or 2 on the Richter scale (I have been told she is an easy baby- but really, is there such a thing?), but when she's alert, she is ALERT! She is 21 1/2 inches long and weighs 8 pounds 5 ounces. She is spending a lot more time awake during the day, and consequently more time asleep at night (YES! Can I get an Amen?). She is really getting strong too. During tummy-time, she rolls over onto her back and she loves to kick up a storm! I like to play rocket ship with her when she kicks off of my lap- fun stuff for a 5-week old. Rob and I make absolute fools of ourselves competing to see who can get her to grin. We also had a great weekend full of dates. Really! We went out to dinner, had dinner at our friends' house, and even went to a movie- all with baby K. Wow- we really can still get out of the house. I thought based on our first few weeks that Target was going to be our social life for the next year, but there actually is hope for us. Well, I'm off to try out the Baby Bjorn... Rob had her in it tonight, and she loved it. In other news, here is a video clip from tonight that can teach us all a little something about perseverance. (I like to call it "I'm gonna get you, binky."):
No comments:
Post a Comment