Monday, May 9, 2011

Royal Wedding

I remember watching Princess Diana's wedding with my mom and aunt Kimi when I was almost four years old. We had lemon frosted cake, sparkling grape juice and dressed exquisitely. I felt beautiful and knew I was officially one of the girls. It is such a sacred memory that I wanted to create another with Kathryn and Niamh for Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding. We started watching at 3:00. 
That's am.
The girls chose their attire, and Kathryn insisted on wearing a bump-it.
 Gunne Sax
 Waving to commoners
Let them eat cake
Our own princess Kate enjoyed sparkling white grape juice
 
while princess Neevie did not
All dressed up 
 Enjoying the ceremony music
 Niamh especially loved Paul Mealor's setting of Ubi Caritas. 
It is gorgeous, but don't take my word for it.
 Grandma wore her bling
So did Kathryn
The fascinators were fascinating, if not tasteful.
It was a really special time, and so worth it. I hope they will remember it, but I know I will.

No comments: