I was summoned and recently appeared for grand jury selection. The night before I appeared, I learned that grand jurors serve for at least one year. Panic set in as I realized this could take me away from the girls for a significant amount of time. I couldn't stop crying and didn't sleep well. As I found out the next day though, grand jurors typically only serve as many hours as criminal trial jurors, but spread out over the course of a year (usually one evening per month). The entire selection process was fascinating, and having learned about the reasonable time commitment, I was ultimately a little disappointed not to be one of the 16 randomly selected from the 75 who appeared.
The truth is though, the experience was a profound blessing, a reminder that with my kiddos all day long is precisely where I want to be.
I am grateful, content and taking no moment for granted.

No comments:
Post a Comment