Monday, August 16, 2010

Natural habitat

We have converted the unfinished part of our basement into a modest art room. Kathryn has wasted no time or supplies (except for a few dozen coffee filters for a recent installation...) and she creates something unique almost every day. She is so confident and joyful; I love to just sit back and watch.
Wearable art
The Gallery
What plans do you suppose she has for our drab walls? I can only imagine...

2 comments:

JessieJo said...

This is such a great idea! I am already thinking of what I could set up in the laundry room in my basement! Any pointers? And where did you get the little apron?

Rob and Christine said...

Go for it! Pointers: pick a totally washable room where you are no-stress about mess. I mean floors, walls, everything washable and even allowed to stay messy until you get to it. Put things he is allowed to just dive into without you within reach and always accessible, supervision-required stuff higher. List on freecycle for supplies. This is a biggie- let the kids see you doing art. It's "process, not product" that matters, so just have fun! I have no earthly idea where I got the apron, it just showed up. You could fashion one out of just about anything though. I am so excited for you to do this for the boys!!!