Tuesday, September 8, 2009
The Rescuers
We do have window well covers; however...
there are spaces just big enough to let in toads- 15 or more this summer.
Since they're stuck, and it would eventually get pretty hot and dry down there, we rescue them. Obviously, I'm in no shape to go jumping into pits these days, so I got creative.

Kathryn always wants to hold them just once before we let them hop back to the river.
She is such an animal lover.
Her heart is big enough for even the least cuddly of creatures. For example, she asked to check out books about sharks at the library today, and at the park tonight, after we found a shed snake skin, she wanted to find its owner. (I was not so keen on that idea. I mean I don't want to squelch- interests OR snakes- but you have to draw the line somewhere, right?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment