"I'm not Kathryn, I'm Dorothy, and this is my dog Toto!"
Not only is she in love with the Wizard of Oz (I first showed her the movie during one of our many tornado warnings this summer), but she really likes pretending to be someone else. She especially loves to be Dorothy, but also plays Miss Gulch, Nemo, Mary Poppins, Aladdin, Giselle, and several others. You name it, she'll pretend to be it. One added plus is that it makes life, especially discipline, a little easier and a lot more fun for both of us when I play along, incorporating her play into whatever it is I want her to do.
Here she is as Dorothy Gale (as if you couldn't tell).
She also sings constantly (yes!), and knows more songs than I can count. She has always insisted on being a solo artist though. She will sing on her own, or listen to other people, but will not sing at the same time as anyone else. Hmm. Diva? Never...
You know, you can say it backwards, which is dociousaliexpelisticfragicalirepus, but that's going a bit too far don't you think?
No comments:
Post a Comment